For all those days when nothing but a creamy pasta will do! This one is loaded with all the essential food groups – chicken, bacon, cream and parmesan.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 mixed peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup double cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated red cheddar
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large packet penne, cooked al dente
- Using a heavy bottomed, deep sided frying pan heat the oil and fry the chicken breasts for around 4 – 5 minutes on each side – you want a real colour on them. Remove from the heat and pop in the oven for another 5 minutes to cook through. Slice into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in the same pan then add the onion and peppers and fry until soft. Add the garlic and fry for another minute or so, then add the spices and seasoning.
- Stir everything together then pour in the stock, cream, cream cheese and stir. Bring to a bubble and stir in the cheese, then re add the chicken, pasta and parsley and stir it up again and serve.